Case Study 1: Content Marketing
An Insurance Agency was unable to, timely or effectively, promote the services of their individual agents to their target audience.
We analyzed the size of their prospect environment and the content elements within Company’s offers and identified the following:
- Company is required to include specific and unique contact and location information within each marketing piece based on the geography of the recipient.
- Results improved when Company was able to personalize creative based on prospect’s industry and employee size.
Reach Marketing appended SIC and employee size information through ReachBase to records on Company’s customer file that were lacking these critical data points. This was designed to improve Company’s retention efforts as it would allow for more personalization. We also identified Company’s prime prospect universe within the ReachBase that included their desired SIC and employee size ranges. Through Reach Marketing’s email delivery platform we were able to dynamically generate different offers to prospects based on their unique SIC and employee size as well as populate specific contact and company information based on recipient’s geography.
By dynamically populating their offer the company was able to increase their customer base by 41%. These campaigns represent the company’s single most productive program across all channels.
Case Study 2: Multi-Channel Prospecting
A computer hardware company was experiencing lower than expectations sales generation on their new product launch efforts. They vested heavily in non-direct marketing channels.
We analyzed Company’s prospecting efforts and identified the following:
- Prospecting efforts were deployed to prime and secondary audiences simultaneously and consumed equal portions of the budget
- Campaigns generated strong open rates, but extremely poor click and conversion rates.
- Email Marketing was the only channel utilized and subsequent campaigns were not leveraging the previous touch.
Reach Marketing shifted Company’s remaining budget entirely towards prospecting to their prime target audience. We applied the IOU principles to each creative asset developed from Company as well as improving the Call-to-Action to generate a significantly increased click and click-to-open rates. Additionally, we added triggers for a multi-touch program initiated through our email marketing efforts which included retargeting through direct mail, banner advertising, and video.
Reach Marketing identified that company’s best chance for success was to directly reach and influence small business owners with a concise multi-touch program. Reach marketing identified the prime prospect universe of small business owners that would be most responsive to company’s offering. Reach Marketing then blueprinted a multi-touch program
Company hit their launch goals and has since continued to invest heavily in multi-touch programs.
Case Study 3: Data Append & Customer Profile
A Seminar & Training company was experiencing soft results on their customer acquisition efforts and a declining customer base. As a result, their cost per acquisition was steadily increasing.
We analyzed company’s prospecting efforts and identified the following:
- Many customer records do not contain email addresses
- Customer records lack any firmographic data
- Limited ability to segment customer database
- Lack ideal customer profile data for effective prospecting
- Messaging void of any personalization
- Prospecting strategy is single dimensional
Reach Marketing performed a data and email append as well as a customer profile and analysis through ReachBase to identify company’s unique customer footprint by key firmographic elements and enrich file with key data points. Once append and footprint was established, we added a significant quantity of email addresses and key firmographic data elements to their customer file and quickly developed clones of their customer base as the prime prospect universe. Our universe identified clones at existing buying sites and new sites to Company’s footprint to which we would message separately.
Reach Marketing revised company’s creative to meet business personalization best practices while utilizing additional data points that were now available on company’s customer file. We created an omni-channel approach to engaging with their prospects and customers which included email, direct mail, display advertising, SEO/SEM and retargeting to improve brand recall and conversions.
Company’s results increased dramatically, especially in their click rates and conversion. Company experienced a 28% increase in click rates and a 63% increase in conversions as the audience was more segmented and the offers were more tailored to each recipient.
Case Study 4: Data Hygiene
A marketing automation company was experiencing a steady decline in customer engagement rates, even though they didn’t notice a decline in delivery rates.
We analyzed their customer file and identified two main areas of concern:
- Company was not adding an acceptable level of new prospects/customers into their database quarterly.
- Their customer base spanned 6 years of data.
Our analysis led us to one of three conclusions:
- Data accuracy is poor therefore communications are not being delivered to intended parties
- Audience is experiencing offer fatigue from receiving the same campaigns on a regular basis
- Both a and b are occurring
Reach Marketing processed their entire customer base through our Reach Verify Program which addressed all of our concerns with data accuracy. We identified a sizeable portion of their database had inaccurate records, on both postal and email channels as well as individuals no longer with their respective organizations. Our process cleansed their database of any undeliverable postal and email addresses. Then we divided their customer base with records less than 24 months or older than 24 months. The records older than 24 months went through our reactivation program which identified which of their records that matched an active database ensuring their accuracy and engagement levels.
Company’s results increased significantly, particularly in their open rates. Company experienced a 49% increase in open rates as we eliminated the majority of undeliverable and inaccurate records while reactivating many of their older prospects.
Case Study 5: Database Services
A leading US Exposition and Media firm, producing more than 50 trade shows and over 100 face-to-face events, including conferences, summits and other events.
- Major investment made in migrating CRM into Salesforce
- Data within the new environment is dirty right from the start
- Users of internal system unhappy because of inaccurate information
- Data from disparate sources make it difficult for internal implementation to team to verify accuracy
We evaluated their environment, systems, and tools to identify the source of their dirty data and made strategic recommendations on how to make the data more reliable. Our data standardization, enhance and hygiene process allowed them to clean their internal data and start using their internal system as designed. This was critical for them to realize ROI of their investment of new system and make it more reliable.
- 31% increase on delivery rates
- 22% increase in open rates
- 13% increase in leads generated
- 38% increase in converted leads
- Increased efficiency with central intelligence database
- Improved ROI and attribution accuracy
- Lowered overall costs by 7%
Case Study 6: Marketing Automation
A large hospital network wanted to ensure the success of their digital marketing initiatives of identifying, reaching, and engaging with their patients and community.
- Underutilized, fragmented and disparate data
- Inability to effectively deliver personalized marketing communications
- Complexity of executing Omni-channel marketing efforts
- Inefficiency in communicating to audience with a common voice
- Increase overall engagement rates
Developed a unified data warehouse that integrates fully with their marketing automation platform to deliver relevant copy to the right individuals at the right time.
- consolidated data feeds
- applied custom data processing for all key data fields,
- improved individual/household identification logic,
- installed and implemented Marketo marketing automation platform
- integrated crm, cms, and map
- improved agility/flexibility to take in new data and respond to custom data requests
- regularly hygiene and append all data with key demographic elements resulting in a centralized intelligence database that optimized their ability to engage with their audience.
Implemented a scoring system and automated work flows which allowed them to nurture their audience and deliver relevant and personalized content to each individual in real-time.
Heightened relevance of every communication through enhanced segmentation and targeting as a result of greater depth of data maintained within the centralized data warehouse.
Maintained a common voice through omni-channel audience communications by utilizing email, social, search and call center to promote customized nurture tracks powered by centralized data warehouse.
- Within two months, produced unprecedented cost-savings from their digital marketing campaigns
- Overall deliverability rate increased to 98.3%
- Appended nearly 250,000 email records to customer data
- Identified 13% of email records and 18% of postal records within database that were undeliverable of which 22% were corrected
- Increased the depth of data within their database by adding key demographic information